This lovely addition to any meal is warm, comforting, and energizing. Homemade chicken stock serves as the foundation to this sweet, indulgent soup. Skip the coffee and serve it up for breakfast to give yourself an extra shot of veggies in the morning!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, cubed
- 2 quarts homemade chicken stock (or 1 qt water/1qt stock)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or full fat cream)
- 1 heaping tblsp fresh basil (4-5 leaves) rough chopped
- salt to taste
- Add stock and squash to a 4 qt stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until squash is nice and soft. Add coconut milk and basil and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Using a handblender, puree until silky smooth. You can also use a blender of food processor, but you may need to work in batches. Salt to taste and enjoy!
- Add some additional digestive power with some fresh ginger!